FOR DANCERS & PHYSICAL PERFORMERS
JOIN THE NEW PRODUCTION BY THOMAS BENTIN WORKS
– THROUGH THE WALL
DEADLINE: 24. November 2021
AUDITION: 27. November 2021
THROUGH THE WALL is an outdoor dance performance that moves through a part of the city, and shakes up the urban landscape with bodies that moves, rolls, collapses, stretches, flies and transforms in choreographic interaction with the environment.
We are looking for 3 contemporary dancers or physical performers with strong movement skills, to perform in this show, and join the team of choreographer Thomas Bentin, artistic consultant Poul Laursen, costume designer Ane Katrine Kjær and sound designer Jonas Jørgensen.
In order to apply you should meet the following criteria:
- Strong technical and improvisational skills
- Ability to efficiently produce personal material from concrete tasks
- Be ready to challenge your physical and performative skills in a public environment, interacting with urban elements (stairs, benches, trees, walls, grass, concrete surfaces etc.)
How to apply
Please send us your CV + a video (or link to video) of you dancing/moving.
It can be from a performance you participated in, or in the rehearsal space.
Don’t forget to let us know if you have any special skills.
Mail the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for registration: 24. November 2021
From the applicants who send material, we will make a selection of around 15 dancers for the audition to take place the 27. November 2021 from 10 – 16 at Den Danske Scenekunstskole in Copenhagen.
Please make sure that you are available in the following periods of 2022:
14. to 18. March - Research workshop (1 week)
19. to 29. April - Rehearsals (2 weeks)
20. June to 31. July - Rehearsals (5-6 weeks)
1. Aug to 4. Sept - Performances in Copenhagen, Elsinore and Køge (4 weeks during this period)
The work for rehearsals and performances is paid.
The production is co-produced by Passage Festival Helsingør, and supported by the Danish Arts Council.
For any further information or questions, please write to: email@example.com.
For more information about the previous work of Thomas Bentin visit: www.thomasbentin.com
We are looking so much forward to get to know you!